Monday, February 23, 2015

I Will Move Ahead… Bold & Confident

Not long ago, I found myself face to face with a Pastoral mentor.

"It's OKAY to grieve for a while, but you can't stay in the pit. You need to get on with living. Just as Ruth went out to gleam in the fields, you need to actively seek what the Lord has for you. Ruth didn't stay at home with her mom-in-law to pout about her dead husband. She went out and sought God's grace, and it was there in the fields that God's grace met her."

A month ago, I made a decision to give up my plans & follow God in obedience.
Isn't it "funny" how we like to use this excuse:
"Oh yes! I'll go do that for the Lord someday... after A. and B. take place in my life." 
For the last several years, I have put serving the Lord as a foreign missionary on the back burner. (God has layed such a desire & passion in my heart for world wide missions since I was a teenager.) 
"Oh yes, maybe I'll be a missionary after God allows 'this' and 'this' to take place in my life first."
Over the last few months, the Lord has been gently prodding in my heart, and well, to make a long story short...
I surrendered this area to the Lord and made the decision to apply for Bible school in preparation for Foreign Missions.
I can't tell you how much I despised academic schooling growing up. I've always been a "dummy" when it comes to academics and I'm the WORST test taker in the world. [It was a miracle I graduated from high school.] In photography school, I didn't have a real grade system like other colleges do.
Right now I am considering enrolling at New Tribes Bible Institute (in Jackson, Michigan) to study the Word of God with an emphasis in World Missions for two years. (I visited the campus a year ago.)
I don't know where the money is going to come from for my tuition and living costs in the dorm  as I barely make ends meet now  but I realize that if God wants me to do something, He will make the provision.
I know the next few months are going to be loaded with fears, doubts & obstacles, but by God's grace, I will walk forward in obedience - with no excuses. I gratefully appreciate each and everyone of your prayers and encouragement!
"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." —Hebrews 11:8 NIV

Thailand 2009 // Image by Leah Christine Imagery

No comments: