Saturday, January 3, 2015

Two Holidays, A Birthday & Saying Goodbye to 2014

The final, beautiful days of Autumn came… and went. Oh, I wish this season could be longer!





'






Thanksgiving Day came, and I watched the Macy's Parade for the first time… since I can ever remember. Paddington Bear was my favorite!


Thanksgiving afternoon rolled around, and I was fighting discouragement… hard. I decided to grab my camera bag and head for the hills! ;-) I went for a hike on a nearby trail.






Sipping Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Juice on Thanksgiving evening!

]

I spent the morning of my 26th birthday at the DMV to get driver's license renewed. Exciting, eh? 

Let's just be honest. The best thing about turning a year older is getting a free Venti sized coffee from Starbucks. :-) My newest favorite drink is the Chestnut Praline Latte.



Oooh, gotta love a free sample of Chanel perfume!


A friend from church invited me over, because she said she had a surprise for my birthday. I walked in her front door and she said, "Since you weren't able to make it to London this year, I thought I'd do a little afternoon tea for you." Her Afternoon Tea meant so much to me!! She had scones, cream, tea and everything all layed out so beautifully & tastefully.


On a December weekend, I decided to take a mini Day-cation to visit Colorado Springs. I drove through Garden of the gods, and enjoyed a delicious honey & vanilla Chai at one of my favorite coffee shops.


I made some DIY garland, using some of my parent's leftover Christmas tree branches. The miniature tree is from Trader Joes  love that store!


I drank Peppermint Mochas…




…and watched two of my favorite Christmas movies on big screen at the theater! (The Polar Express & White Christmas)



I attended my church's Christmas banquet with two of my siblings that regularly come to my church with me. 

I love shortbread & french truffles with my PG Tips tea! So perfect for winter.


My friend from church gave me some Downton Abbey scone mix & orange marmalade for Christmas! I made them for breakfast on Christmas Eve, and they were so delicious!



My bedroom on Christmas Eve

This 1930s antique copy of "A Christmas Carol" was a cheap find at the antique store  just $5!


 On New Years Eve, two of my sisters & I attended "A Night in Vienna"  a series of waltzes (by Bernstein, Copeland, Gershwin & several by Strauss) played by the Colorado Symphony Orchestra in Denver! It was SO much fun!



I just loved how (almost) everyone was dressed up in tuxes, gorgeous dresses & furs. I had fun dressing up for the evening!



Did I mention this was my FIRST symphony to ever attend?! I just loved it!


Downtown Denver all lit up on New Years Eve…




And with that, I say farewell to you, 2014I am glad to see you go. 

"…One thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead." Philippians 3:13

What do you hold in store, 2015?

No comments: