Thursday, August 14, 2014

These Summer Days

This summer I went to Chicago.

First I photographed a lovely wedding at a golf course & club house…


























I also took a day and went downtown Chicago (which was my absolute favorite)



























While I was downtown, I stumbled across a NUTELLA Eatery. Say what?!? I love Chicago even more now.

From Chicago, I visited Minneapolis for less than 24 hours. I saw a friend and visited the Mall of America for the first time. Before leaving Minneapolis, I was also able to stop by Bethlehem Baptist Church (home church of Pastor John Piper). That was a treat, after being so blessed by many of his messages the last few years.

From Minnesota, I met up with my family and we went camping in Michigan for a couple weeks.






























It had been so long since I had traveled;  it was good to be gone for several weeks! However, as always, I was glad to see my mountains again, be home in Colorado and get back into my routine.


I made a batch of Cappuccino Chocolate Muffins. And my Dad even liked them.




I sipped Earl Grey Tea and watched Mr. Rochester  uh, I mean, Jane Eyre (2006). Sometimes it's scary how much I can relate to this story. Maybe that's why I love it so!




I've also been visiting local coffee shops for their coffee & scones.




And despite an emotionally difficult summer, I AM grateful for the good times I've had. I'm looking forward to this next Autumn season and what it holds.





God is good. ALL the time!

xoxo

Leah

No comments: