Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Leah is Returning to Mexico! // Photography Workshop

In less than 4 weeks, on July 29th, I will boarding an overnight flight to Guadalajara, Mexico!

When I came home from Mexico last October, a man from my church could hear in my voice how much I missed Mexico from the stories I told. He replied frankly, "Well, enjoy your visit here in the Stateside!"

The Lord has opened up a door of opportunity for me to return to Mexico, this time, to teach photography to a few of the Christians down there who are unable to come to the States for further photography education.

I am deeply honored to have been given this responsibility, but I am also challenged to make sure I will deliver the skills properly, so that they can have the necessary tools to be excellent photographers for the glory of God and furtherance of His kingdom.

I would be humbly grateful if you would put a few prayer requests down on your prayer list over the next couple of weeks... Pray that the Lord would give me the right words & tools as I put together photography packets, and that I'd communicate it well to my photography students, and that the Lord will give them the understanding to grasp it. Pray for ministry opportunities for us to be able to use our cameras to minister the gospel to the lost around us in the city of Guadalajara. (Photography for the Christian is not about us. It is a tool for us to use to minister to other people and to magnify the greatness of God!)

After a few days of teaching photography in Guadalajara, I would dearly love to fly back down to Chiapas (where I was last fall) for a visit before returning to the States. Pray that if the Lord wills, I'd be able to purchase a cheap plane ticket from Guadalajara to Tuxtla Gutierrez once I am in Mexico.

I can't tell you how excited I am to be returning to Mexico. Thank you all for your encouragement on this road and the prayers you have offered up before His throne. 

No comments: