Saturday, November 3, 2012

Don't Think. Just Trust Me.

A silver spoon clangs against the side of a white, porclein dish, filled with scoops of vanilla ice-cream and crumbles of Reese's pieces... and I think of this little space — this little space called my blog. I really do miss this little corner of my life... what has happened? I don't know, but Jesus has a way of bringing us in and out of seasons, and during this season of life, blogging just isn't a priority in my life.

Last Tuesday evening, you would have found me driving home. I was deep in thought and I felt like a failure as mulled over past events. I called my sister on the telephone, "But I messed up. I should have______. It's my fault. I should have _____ and maybe things wouldn't be the way they are." She said, "Leah, forget about the past. Drop it. Start over." Such simple words, but the truth.

I have good news ya'll. :)
Jesus doesn't need my help.

Since I was in Mexico, I have been telling myself almost every day, Jesus doesn't need my help. Oh yes, we are to live in obedience to all that He asks of us, and at times, He may ask us to step out in mere faith as we trust in His promises, BUT Jesus doesn't need my help to fix things or to make things right again. I so easily and often want to "help God out." But He is All-Powerful, Sovereign God, even in my failures & mistakes. He can accomplish anything with any set of adverse circumstances.

Wednesday (the next morning), I woke up and Jesus said to me so very clearly, "Leah, don't think. Just trust me." 

Maybe it's a female thing, but I think ALOT — and sometimes thinking too much gets me into trouble. ;) I need to STOP thinking about what I should've or could've done. I need to press onto what Jesus has in store for me, learning to live everyday for what it is. "...this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before." Philippians 3:13 

Marked by uncertainty, lonely it may be, and failure it may bring... but one thing IS certain. Jesus IS my certainty, and He is the One who promised to hold my right hand. "For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand..." Isaiah 41:13 

He is not surprised when I fall flat on my face with another failure.
He is not surprised when I tuck myself into bed and all I can do is weep my heart out.

He is not surprised.

So stop thinking.

Just trust Him.

4 comments:

HannahGrace said...

Leah...thanks so very much for this. You have blessed someone you don't even know. Keep trusting.

Rebekah Hutto said...

Leah, thanks for sharing this. It's so simple, but so good and a very needed reminder for me right now.

Melissa M. said...

I know what you mean! Thanks for the reminder.

Samantha R said...

Thank you for this. You're right! We just need to Trust Jesus. He doesn't need our help. We don't need to take matter into our own hands and "force" things to happen in life. Reminds me of Abraham and how he forced Ishmael when he was waiting for God to bring him, Isaac. Oh may I be patient and just wait on the Lord!!