Tuesday, May 1, 2012

World Changers' Summit 3.0

A little over a week ago, I was asked if I would come to Cambodia and serve in an orphanage on a permanent/long term basis. I agonized over it. I want to be involved in foreign mission work - but is RIGHT NOW the right TIME the Lord wants me to go overseas permanently?

So many thoughts.
So many questions.

Over this time, I was aware of a conference called, World Changers' Summit, coming up in Manitou Springs. A friend of mine started it, so I've heard about it over the last few years and had always wanted to go... so should I go THIS year? After a look at my tight finances with my recent move, my thought was, "No way. Absolutely not." Buuut, there was an old laptop and an antique desk of mine that I had been trying to sell for several weeks. So I casually told God, "Lord, if you want me to be there, let me sell my desk and laptop. That'll cover the registration fee.. and I'll go." Within two days, both items sold. I couldn't believe it. ...However, I chickened out again. "HELLO, I am poorer than a church mouse. I don't know how I'm going to pay for my next rent payment!" But this little voice kept coming back to me, "You really need to go to World Changers' Summit. If nothing else, you NEED the fellowship around like minded people. After all, didn't you say you'd go if you sold your laptop and desk??"

SO, long story short, I went.
And I'm so glad I did.

I sat in soul stirring sessions.

My friend, Tosha, and I talked for two hours straight until a late hour of the night.

I couldn't help but choke up as I shared, "I DO desire that I would be most satisfied in HIM & that He would be glorified in my life as a result... But what about THESE DESIRES that I have? Are they bad?! Do I board a plane and go to Cambodia anyway?"

Throughout the entire week, Jesus kept saying to me, "Leah, this is not even about going to Cambodia. This is about selling out. Are you willing to give me the shelf of your heart? Are you willing get rid of all the idols & things that you hold dear in that heart of yours? SELL OUT to Me. Sell out."

Friday night, the session was on "Staying the Course." The Lord really used that message to "drive in the nail" for me. Dewey Novotny brought up in this session, "Moses' rod was everything in the world to him, and God said, 'Throw it down.' Surrender what's in your hand. ...What's in your hands? Can you throw it down? Can you surrender it?" In those moments, I had a lump in my throat and the tears couldn't help but come, while all the while, Jesus kept tenderly pleading, "Sell out, my daughter. Sell out."

That night I had a 2.5 hour drive home, and it was there along I-25, that I gave God back the rights to everything.
My life, my camera, my photography business, my finances, my car, my desires, everything... it all belongs to Him. 

In the late hour of that night, my heart calmed as a peace washed over it.

Stars shined in their brilliance in the midnight sky as I drove across the Coloradoan plains.

Jesus whispered,

"You're not alone. The Father is with you."

1 comment:

Lauralea said...

Beautiful, Leah! You've been in my prayers!