Sunday, January 1, 2012

Katie + Brad | Wedding | Fort Collins, Colorado

"You know, it wasn't until I came to a point where I gave up all of my own plans and ideas for my future and said, 'God, whatever you want...' and then God brought Brad into my life," Katie said.

A year after Brad had gone on a missions trip to Australia through Pensacola Christian College, Katie was going on the same identical trip - of course... just a year later after him. To get the new team ready to go, the previous year's team was invited, to help encourage the new team as they prepared to go.

Brad was talking with a friend, when he noticed Katie across the room. He walked over and introduced himself to her, and asked what her name was. She made him go through the alphabet till he got to the letter 'K' and then she finally told him her name.

Later on, back on campus, Brad pulled his car up up alongside Katie's, rolled down his window, and asked if she would want to attend a special banquet with him. Katie had a friend in the car with her, and felt rather awkward, so she just said, "Well, let me think about it." She wasn't interested in him romantically, but since she didn't want to hurt his feelings, she decided to just go with him to the bangquet as a mere "friend." ;-) Of course, as you guessed... their friendship began.

On New Years Eve, December 31st, 2011, Katie & Brad joined their lives together as One before God at Front Range Baptist Church in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Brad & Katie, I am honored to be your wedding photographer, and it was joy to document your love. Congratulations, my friends! You guys are so fun. :-)

BradKatie1



BradKatie2



BradKatie3



BradKatie4



BradKatie5



BradKatie6



BradKatie7



BradKatie8



BradKatie9



BradKatie10



BradKatie11



BradKatie12



BradKatie13



BradKatie14



BradKatie15



Katie & Brad didn't see each other before the wedding, but with the help of a couple groomsmen, we got Katie & Brad on opposite sides of the doors and they could hold hands for a minute... and then we hid them again. ;-)
BradKatie16



BradKatie17



BradKatie18



The Bride... and her 'Photograph-ist" as she calls me. ;-)
BradKatie19



Katie & Brad had a Coffee/Espresso Bar for the reception! Awesome idea, I say.
BradKatie20




BradKatie21



This was Mika's shot idea! I asked her if she was drinking coffee, and she said, "No!! It's hot chocolate!"
BradKatie22

My favorite, favorite part of the wedding day is my private portrait session with the Bride & Groom. Sometimes both of them, or one of them, will be especially shy about being affectionate. I find as soon as they're alone ... well yeah, they're just fine being all mushy and kissy and stuff. ;-) Makes my job so fun. ;-)

I took Brad & Katie to old town Fort Collins.

BradKatie23



BradKatie24



BradKatie25




BradKatie26




BradKatie27




BradKatie28




BradKatie29




BradKatie30




BradKatie31




BradKatie32




BradKatie33




BradKatie34




BradKatie35




BradKatie36




BradKatie37




BradKatie38




BradKatie39

Have a fabulous honeymoon in New York City, Katie & Brad!

3 comments:

Rebekah Hutto said...

Great job, Leah! And I absolutely love the ring shot! It's so creative & I love scrabble. :)

Samantha R. said...

Great shots, Leah! Good job in capturing their very special day! I love the ring shot, the roses and of course the couple shots too. And the firemen hats are too cute!

Anonymous said...

You have beautifully captured their joy and love.