Friday, January 27, 2012

From Where I Stand

From Where I Stand

Can't I just know "the" answer right now?
Can't I just have the next 12 months all planned out on my daily planner?
Can't I just know every single step I'm supposed to take, so there's no risk, no fear?

In the stillness & quietness, the Lord whispered to me,
"Sit still, daughter. Be still & know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."


This morning I sipped truffle hot chocolate at Corner Bakery & was directed to those verses in Matthew 6. "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on... shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? ...for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow..."

So, Lord, You don't want me to worry about a steady paycheck?

EXACTLY, Leah.
Don't even worry about money.

Just stop, just BE, rest, and seek the kingdom of God ... nothing else?

EXACTLY, My daughter.
Be anxious for nothing.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Amen!! "Let God be God"... so hard!