Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fearless

On the first of the new year, I decided, rather than make a list of resolutions that I'd never be able to keep, pick ONE word, and let that word be who I want to be or how I want to live by the end of 2012.  

My one word for 2012 is
Fearless :||:  bold, courageous, brave, gallant, greathearted, heroic, lionhearted, undauntable, undaunted, valiant

fb1

I went to a coffee shop and began to write down verses about not living in fear and not being afraid.
It's incredible how full God's word is about not living in fear!
These are just a few:

"Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not..." Isaiah 53:4

"Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid." —Jesus (Matthew 14:27)

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?" Ps. 27:1

"There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

"And He saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?" Matthew 8:26

"I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about." Psalms 3:6

"...I do send thee unto them... be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words... be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks..." Excerpts from Ezekiel 2


We all know that He is The Lamb, but so many times I forget that He is also The Lion.

As a believer in Christ, I carry Jesus Christ IN me.
He lives IN me.

Do I act courageously and fearlessly in this life that He has called me to?
Or do I cower away in fear?

By God's grace, I want to learn to be Fearless in 2012.


fb2

Fearlessly proclaim the gospel.
That's God's will for your life.
—Louie Giglio

4 comments:

Samantha R. said...

What a great idea and yes, it is amazing how many verses there are about not being fearful. I'm praying for you!! I should be praying for myself too; I struggle with a lot of fears.

Rachel said...

Deuteronomy 31:8 is my favorite verse on fear: "And the LORD, he it is that does go before you; he will be with you, he will not fail you, neither forsake you: fear not, neither be dismayed."
Be fearless sister for we serve an awesome God! :)

Marci said...

What a great choice!I look forward to seeing how God uses it in you---and how God uses you in the lives of those around you! :o>Isaiah 41:10. "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea I will help thee: yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness."

David Bonikowsky said...

That's a great decision to make. Fear is the absence of faith, and faith comes from a fuller knowledge of God.
God bless, Leah

David