Monday, February 14, 2011

But the greatest of these is LOVE.

Mission Successful!

Today started with an alarm clock buzzing at 4:30am. 

It started with the mission of a surprise... an airport... a flight... a trip.

No, not to surprise my special Valentine (a guy...) to the suspicion of some.

I flew out to Spokane, Washington this morning to surprise my very dear friend, Sarah, for her birthday tomorrow. Great way to spend Valentines Day too, since Valentines Day gets to be more and more depressing as the years go by. ;-)

I love Sarah. She's been there for me through the thick and the thin. She's the kind of friend I can laugh with till I'm doubling over, or wiping tears off my face from laughing so hard. She's the kind of friend who I can ball my eyes out and cry to. She's the kind of friend who reminds me to live out loud. She's the kind of friend who reminds to never fear, love without reservations, and to live every day with passion and without regret.

She's the one who told me and insisted that I'd fall in love and get married first. Contrary, as I suspected, SHE is the first one that has fallen in love, and has been in a relationship with her special guy since the summer... and I couldn't be happier for her! ;-)

So I don't need a "Gilbert Blythe" in my life. 
Atleast today. 

'Cause I'm going to enjoy a trip to northern Idaho for a visit with my kindred spirit... who's very much like a Diana Berry kind of friend. ;-)

Whether it was spent eating chocolate, admiring roses, going out on a romantic date, or wiping tears away from loneliness & in wonder-ment of when your Knight (or Princess) will finally come-- Happy Valentines Day! You are loved beyond anything you could ever fathom or dream.

The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell;
It goes beyond the highest star,
And reaches to the lowest hell...

Oh, love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints' and angels' song.


PS. This kind of reminds me of us. Hehe



Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Samantha R. said...

Loved this post and thanks for the special encouragement!
Congrats to your special friend, Sarah, and her special guy friend. :)

Have a great Valentines Day!

Magic Hour Photography said...

Quite possibly one of my favorite scenes of the entire series. Hahaha... I love it.