Sunday, December 19, 2010

Though I Walk Through the Valley

Make me know Your presence Lord, when I feel so alone.
You know each trial and testing pain, the hurt that is unknown.
Oh, why can I not see Your hand so firmly guiding me?
Oh how can I untrusting be, when You are very near to me?

20080928-_MG_3126

In all humbleness and honesty, I'm in that black, shadowy valley tonight.

It's so dark, I can't even see His hand.

It's so dark, I can't even see the next step that lays before me.

The air is so thick, I do not feel His presence.

Everything around me is shouting defeat, failure, uncertainty, unfulfilled desires, and pain.

He is bidding me onward through the valley, and I tremble in fear as tears slip down my face. "I don't want to go through this, Jesus. It's too lonely, too uncertain, and too painful. Send me to the depths of Africa and surround me with a million little children to cuddle and love. But please don't let me walk through this valley."

Right now I am reaching out into the thick darkness, and grasping out for His hand with all that I have left.

I need Him.

I need His guiding hand.

I need His strength.

I need His joy.

I need His hope.

Last week, I sang (with several others) in our church's Christmas Cantata titled, "A Child is Born." The following words are an excerpt from one of the songs we sang. A tear came to my eye as the words rang out in the auditorium-- and tonight, I am reminded of the same words...


"His grace is sufficient for me,
His grace is sufficient for me.
Though the storms of life prevail,
And my strengths begins to fail,
His grace is sufficient for me."

"Safe in His arms,
I am safe in His arms 
My Jesus will keep me from fear."

  excerpts from the Christmas cantata, "A Child is Born"


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Rachel Greene said...

That picture is breathtaking

Samantha R. said...

Praying for you, dear! Some things in life are just so hard... and waiting is one of them.
Making decisions is hard too.
*hugs*

Naomi said...

That picture is inspiring. Thank you for sharing. :)