Friday, September 24, 2010

Three Days in Chicago :::

After California, my next stop on the journey was Chicago. A photography acquiantance of mine and friend, Evy, got married to the man of her dreams that weekend. :)

While in the area, I got to reconnect with many people I know, which was such a treat & so special. The day before Evy & Tim's wedding, my very good friend, Heather and I took a few hours and went downtown Chicago. Fun, fun, fun. I just love downtown Chicago!

San Francisco International Airport
My view as we were taxing out to the runway at San Francisco International Airport. I just love, love this image. Maybe it pays off having a 6am departure. Maybe.

Flight - San Francisco to Chicago
The view from my plane window, just shortly after take off from San Francisco for Chicago

Flight - San Francisco to Chicago
Again, the view from my plane window on my flight to Chicago.

Chicago  the Bean
This is the Bean at Millenium Park in downtown Chicago

Chicago  the Bean at Millenium Park

Chicago  Me at the Bean  Millenium Park
Me in the reflection of the Bean in Millenium Park

Chicago  Heather & I at the Bean  Millenium Park
Heather and I laying down next to the Bean ;-)

Chicago  Heather and I at the Bean in Millenium Park
Heather and I

Chicago  Heather at the Bean in Millenium Park
My very good friend, Heather, who is getting married in May. ;-) Isn't she SO cute?

Chicago  Michigan Ave.
Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago is a very busy place.

Chicago  Michigan Ave.
"Every day they pass me by, I can see it in their eye; Empty people filled with care, headed who knows where. On they go through private pain, living fear to fear. Laughter hides the silent cries only Jesus hears. People need the Lord. People need the Lord. At the end of broken dreams, He’s the open door. People need the Lord. People need the Lord."

Chicago  Michigan Ave.

Chicago  Union Station
Watching the train we needed to catch as it approached Union Station in downtown Chicago.

Illinois

Illinois

Lunch in Hinsdale, IL
Lunch in Hinsdale, IL!

Marian & I at Starbucks in Hinsdale, IL
My friend, Marian, and I enjoying our Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks in Hinsdale, IL.



Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Rachel Greene said...

Wow! The pictures you took from the plane are fantastic!!

Samantha R. said...

Love the photos! Chicago seems like a cool place to visit. The Bean is awesome!! Maybe someday, I'll go there and take a look around.
I couldn't help but notice but you and Heather are wearing the same shirt in different shots. So... do you own the same shirt or did she give it to you? =P

Your friends are so cute. I love how blue your eyes are. They're gorgeous!! :) I love capturing people's eyes and you're are a dream come true. =D

lovesoftball65 said...

Great photos!!

I love Chicago! It definitely is a recommendation for a place to visit!

Heather.Ashley said...

Lovin' this post m'dear... =)

Good times...but then we always do have a good time, wherever we are and whatever we're doing. ;)
[Love us laying under the bean. we're pretty epic.] ;)