Sunday, September 19, 2010

California | A Recollection of Happy Things

As you may know, I am currently traveling on a trip that includes stops in California, Chicago, and Detroit Metro area. It's been an absolutely fantastic time. Take a peak at what the first part of my trip offered...


fb5
A picturesque view of Pikes Peak being silhouetted by an a beautiful sunrise, was a reminder to me that this is where home is, and that I'd be back before too long. [I love Colorado!]

fb6
San Francisco has a delightful coffee & tea shop — Peet's Coffee & Tea. A cup of green tea and a raspberry blackberry scone proved to aid my recovery from a 6am flight. ;-)

fb7
...Times to soak in His beauty...

fb8
...Times of opening the deepest parts of my soul...

fb9
Color & Cheer.

fb10
Finding emptiness and weakness in my self.. an empty cup in need of His constant filling.

fb11
Indulging my love and passion for frozen yogurt!

fb12
Discovering that I love fish tacos!

fb1
Feasting on some ever so delicious deep dish apple pie.

fb13

fb14
Being refreshed in times of refreshment

fb1
Resting

ForKelsey3

ForKelsey1
Photographing portraits of a precious woman of God, named Kelsey.

fb2
Finding out that Kelsey and I know how to have a great time shooting self portraits with the camera's self timer

fb3

fb4

fb5
Seeing the incredible greatness of our God displayed in His creation in Yosemite National Park

fb6
Deciding that self portraits are kinda fun

fb7
Appreciating Kelsey's dear friendship...

fb1
Trusting that He is holding me in the hallow of His hand. Even in the darkest midnight.

fb8
Believing that He makes all things new again. Even when I don't see restoration possible.

fb9
Remembering that His steadfast faithfulness and unending mercy are new every morning.

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Kelsey Schweickert said...

Leah...GORGEOUS work!! :D I love seeing Yosemite thru your eyes! That was a trip that will live in memories (and hard drives) forever. You're an amazing friend. I appreciate your heart for Jesus so much.

So. Want a fish taco? They go really well with star trails... ;)

Heather.Ashley said...

This is beautiful babe...
Love how you depict things in story form and I love your eye for beauty.
Such incredible shots...so makes me want to go there!! :)

Samantha R. said...

Very inspirational to me, Leah!! Breathtakingly beautiful here in California... most parts of it anyway! :)
I love the apple shot. I want to do one like that-someday.
And the waterfalls are amazing. Spectacular; dreamy!!!
Kelsey is beautiful and so are you!! :)

Naomi said...

I really enjoyed looking at these shots. Really beautiful. I would have a hard time picking my favorite! But... maybe the chocolate/fruit? It was so pretty.

I have been reading your blog for some time now... I have learned a lot from your style. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

Anonymous said...

Wow this is a great resource.. I’m enjoying it.. good article