Friday, May 21, 2010

Chicago | A Day in The Windy City

After hearing about the wonders of downtown Chicago over the last couple years from photography friends, I finally took the great opportunity to go see it for myself last weekend! I hopped on a train, rode into Chicago, got in a cab, and asked them to take me to Millenium Park! There I met up with 3 friends of mine, Evy Fredrickson, Olivia Fredrickson, and Britton Felber, two of which are also photographers. It is just so, so fun to hang out with other photographers -- it's like getting to talk to people in your own language! :) You can talk hours on end about photography and not get bored. ;)

We saw the Bean in Millenium Park, walked down Michigan Avenue, laughed muchly, snapped group pictures, saw the Water Tower and the John Hancock Tower, took portraits of each other, strolled over bridges across the Chicago River, went inside the incredible Holy Name Cathedral, and grabbed a bite to eat at an awesome Mediterranean grill called "Roti" (where I enjoyed a pita pocket stuffed with falafels, shredded steak, hummus, and a yummy cucumber & tomato salad.)

I loved, loved Chicago and would totally revisit in a heartbeat. It's such a beautiful city. So who wants to get their portraits or wedding done in Chicago? ;)

See some pictures of such a great, great day in downtown Chicago, Illinois!

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City
Kjieri (left)and I were mission trip team mates in Thailand a year ago! We got to meet up at the Bean and visit for 15-20 minutes! :) So good to see her again and catch up on life..

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

Chicago  A Day in the Windy City

I've unfortunately let myself get behind in blogging this past week. Life has been just crazy! I flew back to Dallas on Monday, and then on Thursday, I flew out to Colorado for my brother's high school graduation (Colorado is where I am now). Oh yeah, and I'm getting ready to move in 2.5 weeks!

Ever since the wedding I shot last weekend, I've had a lot of pain in my neck and right shoulder, and it's even gone into my upper right arm and made my fingers go numb! I went to the chiropractor today and he said it looks like I have a "strained sprain" and unfortunately there's not much he can do until the tears in my neck/shoulder heal up! I was encouraged to take it easy on my neck/shoulder the next week, take anti-flammatory meds when needed, and use ice packs. I have a wedding coming up next Saturday in Michigan, so I'm going to make my assistant help me extra with caring bags and what not... and pray that God does some super fast healing! ;) :)

Like on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Visit LeahCross.com
E-mail Us

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Samantha R. said...

Enjoyed your pics of the windy city! It really is beautiful there in the Spring time! I love the 4th one down especially.
So glad you could catch up with your friends too.
Hope you heal well and quickly too. Praying for you!

Sarah said...

Wow! I LOVE these pictures. Hope your shoulder heals up soon... and I hope our little Manitou party works out! :)